PACIFIC SKY AVIATION INC
DHC6-400 FERRY FLIGHT SERVICES
Safety and Service since 2010.
As a sister company to Viking Air Ltd., Pacific Sky aviation has been providing flight operations support for the development, production, and delivery of the 400 series Twin Otter since 2010.
This role has expanded to include flight training for international Twin Otter Pilots and most recently the development of our Level D simulator, the only one of its kind in the world for the Twin Otter. This background has established a level of expertise and familiarity with the aircraft that has been applied to our ferry services.
We take pride in executing the challenging task of moving these aircraft around the world safely and professionally and doing so at competitive rates.
Due to our close relationship with the OEM, Pacific Sky’s ferry department stays abreast of Viking’s latest developments with the aircraft, including any new mods or STCs, and our pilots stay current on the aircraft and are trained to exacting standards. We receive AOG support from Viking on route and can consult directly with their Field Service Representatives.
By choosing Pacific Sky Aviation to deliver your new Viking Twin Otter aircraft, you get a seamless and easy transition from the sale to the delivery of the aircraft and its entry into service, all under the umbrella of the Viking family of companies.
CREW TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
• Our ferry crew are all experienced Twin Otter pilots that have flown the aircraft in a multitude of roles around the world. They have experience flight testing and delivering DHC6-400 aircraft, making them uniquely capable of fully exploiting the capabilities of the Apex avionics suite.
• Our crews are trained to Canadian Commercial operator standards, including simulator and aircraft flight time, ground school as well as High Altitude and EGRESS training.
• Our crew members are the only ferry pilots in the world to have obtained high gross weight training in Pacific Sky’s level D Twin Otter simulator.
• Our ferry department has delivered Twin Otters all over the world, including Russia, Europe, China, Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, South America, and the Middle East.
• We place a strong emphasis on safety and professionalism, ensuring that your aircraft is operated to the highest standards, by fully trained, competent crews.
• We keep current Russian visas for deliveries into or through Russia and will obtain visas for other countries as required.
• We provide all safety and communications equipment necessary.
INNOVATIVE FERRY SYSTEM
• Our ferry fuel system is a Viking approved permit use installation which utilizes one to four 900 L Turtle-Pac fuel bladders, depending on the routing requirements.
• It is the only system of its kind that is capable of dumping fuel to maintain single engine climb requirements at ferry weights. This can be controlled by the crew from the cockpit and does not require a flight engineer.
• The system can be shipped anywhere in the world for installation by our maintenance team and can be removed at destination by our flight crew for return shipment.
• Our crews are equipped with industry-leading safety equipment and training.
• We utilize airports with sufficient runway length to mitigate risk, and to ensure an
on-time, on-budget delivery of your aircraft.